Sunday 7 June 2009

Starting Up the Jetspeed Customisation

The manual says that you need only create a customisation of Jetspeed, so I followed the instructions, which are pretty sketchy. They don't tell you for example, how to set up a Postgres database, just Derby, which I know is slow. I got the postgres settings from here, and fired up my customisation according to the instructions. But I got an error from the Spring framework that said

java.lang.IllegalStateException: BeanFactory not initialized or already closed - call 'refresh' before accessing beans via the ApplicationContext.

So I reloaded my two Jetspeed applications in the Tomcat 6 Manager and it got a bit further ...

Then it said:

Portlet Application j2-admin not available

when it was. So I reloaded the j2-admin application also in the Tomcat Manager, and it worked. At least I thought it did. Now it complains that the password 'admin' for user 'admin' is not valid. But I checked in the database and there is something there, and when I registered myself and tried the password I had just entered it gave the same error message. Groan! Will this never end?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.